About

Hi Everyone,

[Please, bear in mind that English is not my mother tongue and if I make any mistakes, I am very sorry. You have full right to correct me anytime. Thanks!]

 

I am Marlena and that includes being:

  • MUM – to cute, beautiful, smart and sometimes stubborn son Fabian (toddler)
  • WIFE– to amazing husband who I am crazy in love with (and vice versa, I guess ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
  • DAUGHTER– to beloved parents who mean everything to me and wonderful parents-in -law
  • SISTER– by marrying my husband I gained two fantastic sisters I always wished for (buy 1 get 2 free deal :P)
  • FRIEND– I have few close friends who mean a world to me
  • WOMAN– I am very feminine and just love being a woman ๐Ÿ™‚
  • LAWYER– after having 2 Master Degrees in Law I have finally realised I do not like 80% of law… luckily, I love the remaining 20% ๐Ÿ™‚
  • PIANIST– in fact, unfortunately, I am ex-Pianist; over the last few years I have not practised as I did before through my whole life
  • BLOGGER– let’s see about that… ๐Ÿ˜‰

On top of that I am famous for having the cleanest house in the neighbourhood and making the best honey & lemon tea !!!

I love a glass of champagne and I hate toilet seat left up, grrr.

——————–

I am part of a very typical family of 3 as you will learn now ๐Ÿ™‚

I am Polish, European and Christian (Roman Catholic).

My husband is British (ex-Indian), Asian and Sikh.

Our son is trilingual (Polish, Hindi & English) British kid with Polish & Indian roots.

We strongly respect each other’s customs, beliefs and celebrate together all festivals and holidays.

We live in multicultural family in Britain and enjoy everything that comes along with it.

We are very typical, aren’t we? ๐Ÿ™‚

I call us- FABULOUS FUSION !

In fact, it is not only us- we all create fusions (friendship, marriage, partnership, living abroad) that are fabulous. So every one of us/every one of you is a part of these FABULOUS FUSIONS.

Welcome to your website then! :)))

——————–

This blog is designed to help other multicultural families.

I do hope this place will be some kind of discussion platform for:

  • people in mixed relationships- not only Polish/Indian, but all possible other mixes ๐Ÿ™‚
  • people living abroad- not in their motherland (fatherland/homeland- whatever you call it)
  • people with young children
  • people who love life (carpe diem!)
  • people who love travelling
  • people who love cooking
  • EVERYONE!!! – regardless of age/sex/race/religion/political views

My posts and articles concern many aspects of living in a multicultural family including parenting, raising multireligious & multilingual child, balancing different points of view, cooking/various cuisines, travel and overall lifestyle.

I invite you to join me on my journey through life. I promise, you will not be disappointed ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!

Marlena

 

 

 

 

6 thoughts on “About

  1. Hello Marlena! I’m so happy you dropped by my blog (and joined as a follower) so that I could be introduced to yours ๐Ÿ˜‰ I too am an expat, a Canadian living in Bali – an endlessly fascinating (and sometimes) place to live. I feel more like a global citizen, fitting in everywhere and nowhere at once. And oh by the way, I’m also a “reformed” lawyer! Looking forward to following your adventures in writing and life.

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Hi Amit ๐Ÿ™‚
      Nice to meet You. What a lovely blog you have! Great articles.
      Living in Bali seems like living in a paradise ๐Ÿ™‚ You are definitely a real global citizen and a person of 100 talents (as I found out) ๐Ÿ™‚ plus a lawyer (ex/reformed/whatever :P)
      Thanks a lot for joining me on my life adventures. Hopefully, they will be exciting ๐Ÿ™‚

      Liked by 1 person

    1. Hi:)
      Thank you so much for your kind words ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m definitely not a super woman- just an average one, just my life consists of many fabulous fusions ๐Ÿ™‚
      You are most invited to be a part of it ๐Ÿ™‚
      Welcome!

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s