[Please, bear in mind that English is not my mother tongue and if I make any mistakes, I am very sorry. You have full right to correct me anytime. Thanks!]
I am Marlena and that includes being:
- MUM – to cute, beautiful, smart and sometimes stubborn son Fabian (toddler)
- WIFE– to amazing husband who I am crazy in love with (and vice versa, I guess 😉 )
- DAUGHTER– to beloved parents who mean everything to me and wonderful parents-in -law
- SISTER– by marrying my husband I gained two fantastic sisters I always wished for (buy 1 get 2 free deal :P)
- FRIEND– I have few close friends who mean a world to me
- WOMAN– I am very feminine and just love being a woman 🙂
- LAWYER– after having 2 Master Degrees in Law I have finally realised I do not like 80% of law… luckily, I love the remaining 20% 🙂
- PIANIST– in fact, unfortunately, I am ex-Pianist; over the last few years I have not practised as I did before through my whole life
- BLOGGER– let’s see about that… 😉
On top of that I am famous for having the cleanest house in the neighbourhood and making the best honey & lemon tea !!!
I love a glass of champagne and I hate toilet seat left up, grrr.
I am part of a very typical family of 3 as you will learn now 🙂
I am Polish, European and Christian (Roman Catholic).
My husband is British (ex-Indian), Asian and Sikh.
Our son is trilingual (Polish, Hindi & English) British kid with Polish & Indian roots.
We strongly respect each other’s customs, beliefs and celebrate together all festivals and holidays.
We live in multicultural family in Britain and enjoy everything that comes along with it.
We are very typical, aren’t we? 🙂
I call us- FABULOUS FUSION !
In fact, it is not only us- we all create fusions (friendship, marriage, partnership, living abroad) that are fabulous. So every one of us/every one of you is a part of these FABULOUS FUSIONS.
Welcome to your website then! :)))
This blog is designed to help other multicultural families.
I do hope this place will be some kind of discussion platform for:
- people in mixed relationships- not only Polish/Indian, but all possible other mixes 🙂
- people living abroad- not in their motherland (fatherland/homeland- whatever you call it)
- people with young children
- people who love life (carpe diem!)
- people who love travelling
- people who love cooking
- EVERYONE!!! – regardless of age/sex/race/religion/political views
My posts and articles concern many aspects of living in a multicultural family including parenting, raising multireligious & multilingual child, balancing different points of view, cooking/various cuisines, travel and overall lifestyle.
I invite you to join me on my journey through life. I promise, you will not be disappointed 🙂