I have a very exciting news! 🙂 I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award for the first time. I can’t tell you how surprised and happy I am right now. I am a new blogger. I don’t even know much about blogging- whether I am doing it right or wrong, whether I make any typical blogging mistakes (If I do, please, correct me always!) or not, whether my writing makes any deeper sense or not, etc. That’s why this award is extremely uplifting and gives me lots of power & hope that there are people who want to read my blog 🙂
I have been nominated by lovely Pia Kamat from Spoonful O’Spice. On her blog, you can find lots great recipes of Indian and International cuisines. At the end of each recipe, she always adds very useful and practical tips, so cooking with her is really easy 🙂 Thank you Pia for noticing my blog and nominating me. I’m so grateful.
I do recommend to check out her blog and follow her at Spoonful O’Spice 🙂
My Blogging Journey
It’s really hard to find the exact moment that has triggered me to set up this blog. This idea was growing within me gradually for a long time.
10 years ago I met someone from other country, continent, language group, race, religion and overall- from other world 🙂 We fell in love with each other. We have started creating our own world full of fabulous fusions. We got married and we have a wonderful son. Throughout those 10 years, I have been asked hundreds of strange and tough questions. I have given tens of pieces of advice to other people/couples in similar situation to ours. Many times I have been told I lead such an exciting and different life. A number of times I had to face difficult obstacles and prejudices still existing in our global world. There is always a lot going on in our interracial, multicultural, multireligious, multilingual family 🙂 After a careful consideration, I have decided to start a blog.
I don’t want to document here only our life. This blog is designed to help other multicultural families too. I do hope this place will be some kind of discussion platform for:
- people in mixed relationships- not only Polish/Indian, but all possible other mixes
- people living abroad- not in their motherland (fatherland/homeland- whatever you call it)
- people with young children
- people who love life (carpe diem!)
- people who love travelling (with children)
- people who love cooking
- everyone!!! – regardless of age/sex/race/religion/ethnicity/political views
Advice to New Bloggers
A word of advice to all of you who are just starting the journey:
First of all, if you are 100% sure you want to write a blog- do it! Don’t wait, don’t look around- do it! You can do it for free or by investing a little bit of money. You can do it in your spare time, instead of watching tv. Don’t dream- make your dreams a reality 🙂
Don’t give up easily. Don’t get discouraged too fast as things go very, very slowly at the beginning. I took me months to really understand a little bit better wordpress. I still don’t get half of the stuff, but at least I manage it somehow 😉 Give yourself time and work hard.
These fellow bloggers deserve the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Fran’N’Nelli – https://frannnelli.wordpress.com/
- Becci – https://toaufinityandbeyond.com/
- (Awesome writer)- https://crazygenesblog.wordpress.com/
- Jessica – https://jessicanorrie.wordpress.com/
- Sarah – https://prejudicepolitics.com/
- Ellen – https://travellingtheworldsolo.com/
- Ula – https://simpleula.com/
- Christina – https://justbluedutch.wordpress.com/
- (Awesome couple) – https://thexpats.com/
- Dippy Dotty Girl – https://thetravellingdiaryofadippydottygirl.com/
- Offbeat Wander – https://offbeatwander.wordpress.com/
- Jothish – https://jothishjoseph.wordpress.com/
Do check out their blogs. All of them are different, yet all of them very interesting.
Those of you, who accept this nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide links to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to your post.
- Write a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
I am deeply grateful for my nomination. Thank you Pia one more time.
Congratulations for all new nominees and good luck! 🙂